Dear Valued Patients,
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us to care for you and your dental health needs.
In an effort to follow the latest guidance from the CDC, the American Dental Association, the American Association of Endodontists and the Massachusetts Dental Society, and to keep everyone in our community safe, we will continue to implement the following adjustments to our office routines. We appreciate you and are grateful for your efforts in joining us in confronting this change in health care delivery.
Please be aware that dental offices have been identified as a “high risk” environment for potential exposure for both staff and patients. During the initial phase of this pandemic, our office was quick to adapt and stay ahead of the daily changing recommendations to maximize public, patient and staff safety. These measures have allowed our office to provide the valuable urgent care of addressing endodontic related dental emergencies that ultimately reduced the burden on emergency rooms. We are now allowed to offer treatment of non-urgent procedures and will be phasing into evaluation appointments as well as routine follow up of existing treatments.
To continue our role in protecting the public and all of our patients we ask for your cooperation in the following way:
2. Your appointment may be rescheduled to accommodate the triage of our most urgent patients.
3. We anticipate adjusting appointment times and lengths in order to ensure that patients do not need to wait longer than needed. We have instituted a policy of having our patients wait in their car (or on the benches outside now that the warmer weather is here) to prevent individuals having to wait in our waiting room or interact with other patients. We support the strategy of social distancing, which may result in a modification of your scheduled appointment time.
4. Please let us know that you have arrived for your appointment by calling our office from your car. Once the prior patient has been cleared and we have completed our sanitization procedures, we will welcome you in for your appointment.
5. Please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary (driver, guardian, etc.). Please no children. Please leave any unnecessary items in your car.
6. Please wear a face covering when entering our practice.
8. We have always been and continue to be committed to keeping our office impeccably clean and sanitized. In response to the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have increased the frequency of these cleaning routines. We have added medical grade H13 True HEPA air Purifiers for 99.97% air purification and advanced daily and nightly sanitization by HOCl fogging, used in many hospitals and as recommended by infection control specialist Dr. Leslie Fang of Massachusetts General Hospital.
9. All team members at Perry Endodontics have had intense training in the enhanced recommendations for infection control and PPE recommended by the ADA, CDC and AAE. These recommendations include single use gowns, N95 masks, face shields, head and foot cover, and single use instruments where applicable. We are proud that we have met or exceeded all CDC recommendations and will continue to monitor and adapt as circumstances change.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,
Elizabeth Shin Perry, D.M.D.
Ivy Pruitt Ahluwalia, D.M.D.